Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fired Up

Ok. So I'm finally recovered from this morning's Fire the Grid events, and thought I'd write about our little vacay last week. We took off on Tuesday night, around 8pm (dogs were in a kennel for the first time in their lives. I cried) and drove straight to Shell Knob, Missouri. We got there 18 hours later to visit with my family for a while. It was a wonderful visit, as they all are. Too short, as they all are. Everyone left Friday morning, which left us with a few hours to ourselves!

I dragged Stephan through Southwestern Missouri to Roaring River State Park right on the Arkansas border. This is where the family vacations used to be, and where some of my fondest memories take me. We spent the afternoon hiking and exploring, feeding the fish (where was a paper cup when I needed it??), buying snacks at the store, and smelling the wonderful fish-hatchery smell that is such a fond memory.

Up from there to Osage Beach, Missouri to rondaveu with Stephan's parents for a few days of exploring and fishing. We stayed as long as we could with them, eating lunch at Peckers with the early family, and headed out... which meant 24 hours in the car, stopping only a few times. Once, in Grand Island, Nebraska to visit Henry, but that was at 11:30pm. I don't remember much of that. The ride home was brutal, and left my brain scrambled. But last night we slept well (in air conditioning, since it had been almost 100 degrees during the day) and today we were both back at work.

I didn't take any photos. Sorry.

No comments: