Friday, May 11, 2012

Piano Playing and Speed Work

In 8th grade my very last piano teacher pointedly pointed out to me that I needed to practice the piano more than I played the piano. I didn't take kindly to that. I don't like practicing. I like playing. I like the feeling of sitting down and letting my fingers do something on their own while my brain works and I listen to nice music.

Also.

I like putting my shoes on, letting my feet do something on their own while my brain works and I listen to nice music on my iPod. This is why I haven't gotten any faster in the last 2 months. Actually, I've gotten slower. I haven't done a single speed/interval training workout since February. They're just not that fun for me. I like logging the serious miles. "5" looks a lot more impressive than "2". "5" burns more calories. "5" brings me closer to the 1,500 mile mark on my post-surgical foot.

I could totally just play at running from now on. I might do that. I HATE interval training. Speed up, slow down, push the pace, but only for 60-90 seconds.... blah. Too much thinking there!!

No comments: