Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Post Where I Talk about Pee

So you know that there's this general knowledge about pregnant women having to pee all the time. I wanted to write this down while I'm between the two phases: normal bathroom use (NBU) and Pregnant-Lady bathroom use (PLBU). With NBU you gradually become aware of a filling bladder over time, usually 30-60 minutes. You can plan for NBU. If you're driving down the road, you can rationally postpone NBU until the appropriate moment.

PLBU, however, feels entirely different. Not pregnant? Go get a belt or rope and tie it loosely around your waist. Give the long end to someone with unmedicated bipolar disorder. At random intervals the rope will tighten around your waist, resulting in the immediate and un-ignore-able need for PLBU. The rope tightens most often with altitude changes like standing or sitting, or walking, or turning around, or inhaling.

I would write more, but I have to pee.

No comments: