Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting Ready!

Stephan and I are firming up our plans for the short (very VERY short) trip back to Montana soon, and I'm feeling much better about it. For one, it's been very hot in Chicago the last 2 days (yeah, I'm complaining about 80 degrees) and I think the humidity and air pollution are really starting to wreck havoc on my lungs. Sawyer doesn't like the heat either- he's been fussy, unable to nap for long, and waking up more at night. I can't wait to breath in the Montana air again. I might have to bring gym shoes and go for a few runs just to remind myself that I am in shape, just not 75% humidity and smog shape.

We're dragging our friend Kristen along with us for the ride. She's another Chicago-Montana-back to Chicago-person. It's funny that there's a group of us now.

But anyway, we're getting ready to go, and I'm sad. We're missing the Branding (assuming the weather is good). No waking up stupid early to go watch guys on horses round up and cut a bunch of cow-calf pairs... no drinking beer at 9am... no running from a boy chasing people with uncooked bull nuts... no awesome hair and beef-burning smell... I'm sad.

But we're going anyway! Fun!

Check out The Branding from our very first year- 2007! Sigh.

1 comment:

Kristenanne said...

Sad to say...I didn't go with you. But I did go. And now, I'm feeling the same as you. I haven't wanted to write about it or speak of it. I just want to go back. And what's life supposed to look like here? Do I stay or should I go?!
I'd like to do lunch with you soon...if you have the time love!
Kristen