Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Then We'd Have to Kill You

I held off announcing that Stephan was out of town last week because for once, I craved privacy. He left straight from Billings to Altanta, where he was whisked away to a military base. He spent four days learning about what it would be like if a large-scale disaster happened in our small town. Who would do what? What systems need to be in place? How many patients can a staff of 6 with a 4-bed Emergency Room handle in six hours (the answer is about 120)? Where do you put dead bodies when the morgue only holds two at a time (the answer is a refrigerated ice-cream truck)?

That's about all I can say about it. Public information about what he learned is available here, here, and here.

ALSO.... THIS JUST IN!!!

We've discovered the secret (no pun intended) to deodorant. I've been bothered for a while about the whole, "aluminum in antiperspirant" thing, and I was looking for something that didn't have preservatives, artificial fragrances, or cost more than $10.00 for one stick! Here's the answer:

2TBS Apple cider vinegar
2TBS Witch hazel
5 drops Rosemary essential oil

Mix those together in a tupperware, or glass jar, and use a cotton ball to apply it under your arms. It'll be a little more wet than you're used to, but both Stephan and I tried it out yesterday as we did our triathlon workouts, and both of us were amazed. No B.O. At. All. Amazing.

1 comment:

Kristenanne said...

I am so trying this. BUT, I can guarantee that most people's BO here would never be covered by an apple cider vinegar solution. Not complaining, well, ok I am, just saying for shits and giggles!!!