Saturday, April 11, 2009

No Longer Ranchers


Sadly, Stephan's experimental FFA phase has ended. A few weeks back the rancher on whose land we were keeping our three cows had a beef (hee hee) with Stephan and the pseudo-transaction came to an end. Just yesterday the rancher paid Stephan for his work, and they shook hands to close the deal.

How do we feel about this?

Eh. I'm bummed- I never even got to see the calves. I was just getting excited about calving, feeding cake, branding, etc. (Now what will we brand? We registered it and everything! Any volunteers?) Stephan was getting a little tired of waking up at 6am on his days off and getting chewed on for not knowing what he was supposed to be doing. I think also, his real-work schedule started getting in the way of his ranch-work schedule... those dang humans just keep getting sick and hurting themselves!!

So, it's over. I'm bummed. Stephan's a little relieved. I never got my cowgirl hat. Now what's he going to do with those $200 boots??

1 comment:

Don D said...

I think I know that rancher.