Today, in honor of running my first mile-post-Adam, I'm posting a list of 5 things I have been told about running that were completely WRONG. None of the below is true. Most of them I heard and believed when I was training for my first marathon in 2011. Enjoy!
1. If you stop to walk, it doesn't count as a run.
2. A run of less than 3 miles is worthless.
3. You cannot miss more than one day of training for a race.
4. If you walk through a water station during a race, you didn't "run" it.
5. Anything less than a full marathon is a training run for a full marathon.