Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Overheard: Blogging

Me: How do I blog about this?

Him: This is about your... you facing your... one of your deepest, darkest fears.

Me: Yes. And I triumphed. Mightily. Do you like it?

Him: Well, for your Valentine's Day gift you'll be receiving a membership to the N.R.A.

Me: So you like it?

Him: Duh.

"It" is a new rifle. A shiny...

Me: What do I call it again?

Him: It's a Savage, 270 bolt-action with a Simmon's Scope. A .270 caliber if that's what you mean.

Me: I have no idea what I mean; I'm just trying to tell everyone how much I rock for buying you a rifle. A good rifle. Just what you wanted. AND it's in my name, meaning I'm a gun owner, which should NOT be okay with me.

Him: We went over all that in the car.

Me: I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Kristenanne said...

I bought Ty's last gun because he takes so long to get through the background check we can never buy a gun the day we want to for him. So, I know officially own 4 guns. I never, EVER would have thunk it. It is truly so fun reading your thoughts and watching you adapt to Montana living. I miss you!