Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I know, I know...


It's Wednesday and I haven't posted since Sunday. It's actually been a pretty lame week.

Oh, except for our trip to Honduras.

(I have the feeling that none of you are surprised by that statement. You know us too well.)

Stephan's niece Sahra is a student at DePaul, and they have a chapter of Global Medical Brigades (GMB) there. They're organizing medical outposts in the poorest parts of Honduras (the second poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere). The DePaul trip is working with a children's group: Sociedad Amigos de los Ninos. Could you be genetically related to Stephan and not be inspired to help people? I don't think so. She signed up for their next trip in June, and called Stephan to ask him if he would come with. He was so proud to hear her excitement. Now, however, we're both very humbled to realize we don't have the necessary money go. We've been stressing about this all week. We're both very proud, and hate hate HATE asking for money (talk to my college roommates about all the white blood cells I donated for $14.00 a week Junior year).

We're formulating a plan- it involves asking everyone we know for $10. We don't know if we're going to do something fantastical to raise the money (Stephan's idea was walking from Baker to Miles City- an 80 mile walk), or just get out our knee pads and start begging. If anyone has any good ideas, feel free to post them. Until then, check your mailboxes for the begging part.

Global Medical Brigades website
Sociedad Amigos de los Ninos website
DePaul's website

1 comment:

Kristenanne said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Count me in for one contribution per person! Send me the mailer. I'll be waiting!!!