Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No News is.... ???

The laptop (my primary blogging/email/schoolwork tool) is once again sitting idle. The battery is 5+ years old and I just fried the last power cord I had. Apple promises to have one at my doorstep in mere days. Meanwhile, I'm looking into the student discount on the apple.com website so I can get myself one of these beauties.

Speaking of student discounts, I scored 100% on my first week of discussions in class! The class average was 78%, so I was feeling pretty cocky. That was, until I looked at the time and realized it's 10:30pm and I'm just finishing the first drafts of this week's discussion posts. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE school. It's amazing the worlds out there you have no idea about until you dive right in. Did you know that people actually "geek out" about health care policy? Amazing.

What I don't remember about the last time I went to school was having to wake up at 4:30am to drive anyone to work, or the 6 loads of laundry, 4 sets of taxes, client statements & receipts, household budgeting, and general dog-wrangling that takes up so many hours that could be used for thoughtfully chewing on the ends of pencils and highlighters.

Wait- why am I not just going to bed right now?

Fixing that.

Good night!

No comments: