Saturday, February 26, 2011

12 Miles Down!!

The 12 wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. The weather sucked the worst. So here's my course map so far... compare it with the one from a few posts below:


My fears were mostly unfounded. Other than getting totally lost, I put on a book-on-tape on the iPod and just cruised around for 2 hours and 20 minutes. I stopped once to shed a layer of clothes and drink a little water, but other than that it was a slow jog to just get the miles done. Like Stephan said in an email last night: Step, Step, repeat.

I'm celebrating with a sleeve of Thin Mints and a Bacardi on the rocks. It's nice to burn 1,400 calories in a day and not worry about splurging at night.

1 comment:

amy in colorado said...

woo-hoo!! you go girl!! and.. kudos on the sleeve of thin mints.. i did the same to a tray of tagalongs last friday.. but, unfortunately, that was NOT preceded by a 1,400 calorie burn ;-)