Sunday, March 22, 2015

Have I Told... You Lately.....

...That I Love...

My job???? Internet, it's been almost 10 months since I've worked a full day, and I've missed it so much. I didn't realize how much I missed working until I had my hands on my 3rd of 6 clients this afternoon and I heard that soft snore that so often accompanies a really good massage, and it hit me, this person is REALLY enjoying what's going on right now.

Le Sigh.

11 years ago I made a huge shift from a desk(ish) job that was clean, and computer-focused, to this amazing life, on my feet, touching people. The desk(ish) job was good, and fun, and I worked with some of the most talented people in the world. But the quiet moments I get to have one-on-one with people while they are at their most vulnerable humble me so much. I'm in awe of all the wonderful clients I have who place their trust and their bodies in my hands for a few hours a month and just let their bodies rest and heal. It's such an honor to get to work with people in this way.

If I had a billion dollars and never had to earn money again.... I would actually work MORE and just give people the gift of massage for free.

I would also rescue more animals.

And shop at Lululemon at least once.

1 comment:

Annie Crow said...

Glad you're doing what makes you happy!

If I didn't have to work, I would also rescue more animals. But pass on the Lululemon.