Friday, March 30, 2007

Don't Laugh

I cooked dinner today.


I cooked dinner today for 20 people. Pork chops, fried potatoes, pickled beets, macaroni salad and cheese cake. 20. People. I changed my first adult diaper. I loaded the dishwasher 6 times. I did (but did not fold) 8 loads of laundry. I dispensed medication. I sat for 45 minutes total between 8am and 6pm.

To make a pork chop so tender you can cut it with a spoon (because that's the mark of good food) dip it in flour, fry it for 10 minutes on each side, cover it in cream of mushroom soup and milk, let it bake at 275 for 2 hours, covered.

I cooked dinner today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing stories...I LOVE them! You are a talented writer, Anna. I think you could make some $$$ with these!
xx

Anonymous said...

Yup, I'm with Mom - when is the book out???

And with a spoon? Excellent.

J.