Saturday, March 31, 2007

Supper Club

Today was day 2 for me at the new job. After yesterday, we ate pizza for dinner and I seriously wondered if I'd ever cook at home again.

But today went much better. Less laundry. Easier meals. Dinner was chicken strips and french fries. I learned how to use a deep fryer for that. Then supper was BBQ Ribs, (ribs so tender they fall off the bones they never had in the first place) augratin potatoes and veggies.

What? You're asking about "supper" and "dinner"? No. They aren't the same meal. Perhaps you've heard about places that call Lunch, "Dinner," or the use of the word "Supper" to mean Dinner. Here, though, if you mistake "Dinner" for "Supper" you seriously mess with peoples' minds. At the top of my training notes I've written in capitol letters, SUPPER, so I can master the local dialect.

Stephan's back at work today- the first of four in a row before we come home. He's staring blankly at me indicating that it was a pretty uneventful day... or that he's really done with me typing and he wants the computer put away so we can watch our first DVD is the new living room, Narnia.

The movie, not the living room. Although... oh, nevermind.

We just want to give a shoutout to our newest friends: the folks at www.montanaphotos.net. Check their website out. We like them. They're nice. Thanks for the email, Mark!

No comments: