Wednesday, December 19, 2007

General Notes about the Internet

I used to work in an office where I had instant-access to the internet (email, information, music, trivia, news, etc.) for 8 hours straight. I would answer email instantly. I could tell you immediately what the weather was like now, and what it was going to be for the next 10 days. I also knew which gas station had the cheapest gas within 20 miles.

Old habits die hard, but they do die. "Hi. My name is Anna, and it's been 72 hours since I read an email message."

But I owe a huge shoutout to this internet radio station that I listen to every day. Sunday mornings from 8-12 they play 'chill out' music from all over the world, and it helps me to feel more human. I don't have anything against Pink Floyd, but there's more out there people. More to life.

I also applaud this woman for her blog, and especially this post, that everyone with 5 minutes should read right now.

Finally, because nothing really exciting has happened in Baker for 3 days, I'm happy when I think about all the family and friends who read what we're up to and laugh, smile, cry and learn with us. We're coming up to a trip home, and our one-year Montana anniversary.

3-year-old: Do you still live in that place?

Me: What place?

3-year-old: You know that place.

Me: Montana? Yes, we still live in Montana.

3-year-old: Oh. Well, my brother doesn't like it when you live there because he misses you when you live in that place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and I can think of, oh, about 25 - 30 other people who don't like it when you live there, too...
xx

... said...

Thanks, Mom. We miss you too!