Saturday, March 1, 2008

Overheard: Standing in Front of an Open Dresser Drawer

Him: Hey, Hon?

Me: You never call me that. What's wrong?

Him: How many of my white t-shirts did you turn pink?

Me: None.

Him: What about this one? And this one? And this one?

Me: That's not pink.

Him: Ok. "How many of my t-shirts did you kinda turn a little less into white than pink, but not really?"

Me: Three.

Him: What was red in the laundry??

Me: What do you mean?

Him: .... (skeptical look)

Me: (laughing uncontrollably)

--- 5 minutes later ---

Me: Whew! I haven't laughed like that-

Him: What was red?

Me: (laughing) OK OK! I don't know what was red. There were a few things, some shorts and some socks.

Him: Are you kidding me?

Me: It was a "socks and underwear" load.

Him: WE WENT OVER THIS ALREADY!!!!! Sort by color, wife, not by purpose.

Me: (uncontrollable laughter again, continues, perhaps 10 minutes)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna, Anna, Anna,

What will we do with you. As the proud owner of many pinkish T-shirts, courtesy of my father, I would encourage you to heed the advice to sort by color...
XOX
Dad

... said...

This one still makes me laugh really hard when I read it. I don't know what is so funny, just, I guess, that even after marring a few different loads, my brain still works to sort laundry by function...

i.e. heavy clothes can be jeans, fleece sweatshirts, turtle necks, and heavy socks

i.e. towels can be kitchen, bathroom, hand towels, dog towels, white towels, purple towels, etc. etc. etc.

It just makes sense to me!!