Monday, March 10, 2008

Full-Disclosure

Sorry about dropping off the planet for a few days. With everything that was in the air I forgot to mention our short trip to the Twin Cities (via Amtrak- wonderful!!) to visit Stephan's family. More about that later.

When we got home we had lots of return envelopes waiting for us. Yippie!! You'll all be getting Thank-you postcards (postcards to save $$ on postage) in the mail soon!

Ok- here's the deal... we've been feeling pretty darn guilty about having to ask for the money for the trip. SO- while we were on the train, and during down-time with the family, Stephan and I read The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. We put all our finances on one piece of paper, got real about our budget, and about what our potential income could be. The result? We're on board. Totally, as Dave says, with Gazelle Intensity. Stephan's taking another job, and I'm expanding my hours. I'm not getting an endorsement for this (but if you're interested in it- I'll totally pimp this program) but the plan seems so simple. Not easy. NOT EASY. Adding hours to our work-week and taking away time from being together is NOT EASY. But, hey, if we're ballsey enough to beg to our friends, we're ballsey enough to work our balls off.

Enough ball-talk (Sorry Mom). I'll be posting photos of our short trip soon, and telling you all about the 100-mile trail we found laden with bison. Do you have any idea how large bison scat is?? Big. Trust me.

No comments: