Wednesday, January 25, 2012

And then... I was Flying!

My runs have not been awesome this winter. It was exciting when it got cold and I could actually run instead of just get geared up and have to walk home. But I was stuck at 12:25 minute miles. That's slow. That's slower than 5 miles per hour. Many people can walk 4 miles per hour, so what I was doing was just slightly faster than walking.

Until this week.

The American Cancer Society includes access to a great training website that tracks my routes and workouts. I finally accessed the site and realized that my iPod wasn't calibrated correctly. I'd been running 11 minute miles! So exciting!!

Then today... knowing that the iPod wasn't correct I just poured everything I had into the run. I just wanted to find out what I could do when I wasn't keeping track of it. And when I got home?

9:55

Yeah baby. That's faster than a 10 minute mile. The "10 minute mile" was the "C" grade in grade school. Kids who are normal should be able to run a 10 minute mile without much effort. It took me 20 years to get here, but HERE I AM!!!!

No comments: