Saturday, January 7, 2012

Da da da DAAAAAHHH!!!

I did it. I signed up for the American Cancer Society's DetermiNATION program. Stephan bought me an entrance into the Soldier Field 10 mile run in May, and we both decided to run it to raise money.

It's a LONG way away, and the distance isn't all that challenging.

What IS challenging is reliving the whole, 'holy crap I have cancer' part of my life. I think it hits me every winter when I used to indulge in a few sessions in the tanning booth to ward off the winter blah's. Just to freak myself out I wikipedia'd Melanoma again. I should have just watched the Exorcist or something. Once again I saw that the Clark Level II has a 5 year survival rate of 85%-100%. Obviously I'm doing amazing and I'm not worried about 'surviving' but it does send a few chills to see those stats. It will be 4 years this May for me.

Because so many people who love me are generous and amazing, I hit my goal of raising $400 in less than a day. I'll be upping the goal in the next few days, and until then you can check out my fundraising page here:

Click to see cute pictures of Anna running!

Stephan has his own deal so I'll let him pimp himself one day soon.

No comments: