Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New Rule

Read books, not magazines.

I have a confession. Don't tell my husband. The "stomach problems" I had last weekend were mainly my desire to finish reading a very good book I had started last week. It's the first book I've finished in months. Maybe since the baby was born. I found myself drinking a ton of water, just to read a few more pages. The few minutes every few hours or so were like stealing time. It was kinda nice.

So my new rule is: Read books, not magazines when I'm in the bathroom. Books are better for you anyway... right?

2 comments:

Annie Crow said...

Ha! When I was a kid I would spend hours in the bathroom so I could read (and not do chores). Now I find my oldest doing the same thing, but in his case to get away from his younger brother.

Glad you got a good book read! What was it?

... said...

Haha! The bathroom IS the quietest room in the house.

It was Across Many Mountains by Yangzom Brauen. It's on the United Methodist Women's reading list for this year. Next up is The New Feminist Agenda by Madeleine Kunin. It's really changing the way I feel about staying at home!!