Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Making a Bee-Line



Sorry, cheesy title. Yes, I made a quilt. I started Thursday night when I made Stephan cut all the pieces I needed. Friday night I started making squares, Saturday was filled with quilting from start to finish. Sunday I drove a beer cart for a few hours and came home and crashed. Monday morning I worked from 6 am - 11am, then again until 11pm that night. Tuesday was D-day, so I quickly decided on a pattern for the squares, sewed them together, and dragged the quilt top into work to beg for advice. Tuesday night was intense. We squared up the top, measured the back and the batting, then pinned it. Stephan was a great help through all of this, and he didn't even yell once.

I sewed some quilting lines in to keep the three layers together for the plane rides, then we left the house at 12:30am. The rest of the quilting was done in spurts at Aunt Chris's house, as was ironing and sewing on the border. I wish I had a photo of the finished product. It looks really great with the purple border on it- less like an ice-cream. It matches Luci's room perfectly. And the best part about it is that I have enough fabric left over to make one more square for myself to remember it by!

No comments: