Thursday, April 12, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You...

I've had bronchitis for 2 weeks. I'm tired of coughing. I'm tired of Robitussin. I'm tired of resting. I ran 4 miles today. My chest hurts. But I did it. Why? Because I want to be a runner. I want to be a person I am proud of, a person I look up to. I want Sawyer to think that his mom is a runner.

Where is this motivation coming from? I try to surround myself with images of what I want to be. I have Runner's World magazine in the bathroom. I watch The Biggest Loser every week. My running shoes sit on the stairs that I walk down/up every time I leave or arrive at the house.

I make sure to read running blogs. I check in on Facebook with my running friends. I look up running sayings, pictures, news. Even when I'm not running, I purposely put running in front of my eyes. Even on days when you're not working toward your goal, don't let yourself forget what your goal is. Sick, tired, busy... keep your goal in front of your eyes.

No comments: