Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What Other People Think

We've been talking about "what people think about you"this week at home. Mostly about whether or not a person should care about what people think about him or her.

One side insists that it never matters what people think about you.

My side thinks that "what people think about you" can be used as a motivating tool. I used this motivation to run faster, with better form, and more often. When I see people on the street I always check my posture, and pick up the pace a little. I think there can be a lot of value in transformation from the outside in. Fake it 'till you make it. Right?

Maybe it's my theater background, but I think a big part of being who you want to be is looking the part. And since most people don't walk around with a mirror all day, it's other people who are doing the looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This goes along with good manners!
You were raised to put your best foot forward and to treat people the way you wanted to be treated (manners).
xx