Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Overheard: Lecture

I was doing my best wife lecture about the dangers of processed food at my husband last night. Specifically, that the Monster beverages he occasionally indulges in are GOING TO KILL HIM!!!! (I wish I could type more emphatically than just capitol letters)

So I said, "Don't even talk. I know what you're going to say. That you needed that cocktail to keep you safe while driving sleepy. But what if you'd said, "Honey, I just need this one sniff of cocaine?" do you think I would be ok with that?"

To which Sawyer (4 years old) began chanting: Sniff of cocaine!! Sniff of cocaine!!

Best. Parenting. Ever.

2 comments:

Ali K. said...

hahaha!

It's amazing the things kids latch onto!

Annie Crow said...

Lovely.

Goo latched on to "nasty elbow" a few weeks ago (I was commenting on a football injury on TV) and so now all sorts of things are "nasty!" and "ew!" All said with special relish.