Sunday, July 22, 2007

Not What Martha had in mind





Take out a AA battery. Really. Do it. Now, add legs. Not kidding. It's spider time people. Spider. Freaking. Time. People.

The spider was on the landing on the way to the basement. According to Stephan it's a wolf spider, not harmful at all. But it was waiting for a package to be delivered to our house, and was reading a newspaper just before posing for the photo. Not to worry, Sierra Club Members, Stephan relocated it out back, unharmed. During the Wildlife America Episode occuring in the basement, I was happily breathing into a paper bag on the couch in the living room. Stephan is currently yelling at the cats for not earning their kibble, allowing things like this to live with us.


In other news, I'm slowly finding out that homesickness is a normal part of adjusting to a new life. I have the guru here to help me navigate my way through this, and, as he says, it's a good thing.

1 comment:

Kristenanne said...

I almost hyperventalated even seeing that in your home. and then laughed and was glad that you are also a lifetime member of the SOS club: "Scared of Spiders."