Thursday, July 5, 2007

That was unexpected

I'm back! Back from surgery, back from Billings, out of a Percocet-induced sleep (for at least another 20 minutes). Quick health update: when the doc looked inside, there were two 'bad' lymph nodes that had nestled up next to the salivary gland, appearing on all the images as stones. So those were removed and sent out to the pathology lab to see what's going on.

There are much more gory details and photos. Let me know if you want to hear more.

Tuesday night we stayed at our friend Diane's house. We'd gotten fresh eggs from her a few times, and I knew she had a farm, but I never imagined how beautiful it would be. As we were driving there I kept saying, "THIS is what I thought Montana would look like when we moved here!" We could see snow-capped mountain tops in the distance, the rolling hills were full of huge pine trees. Rivers snaked their way among the forests and eagles, owls, deer and antelope were everywhere. Everything seemed lush and green and just amazing.

The house was a log and stone cabin on a hill with large porches. She raises Appaloosa horses, bantam chickens, and poodles. I took a ton of photos, so look for those on the Flickr site soon.

Stephan had a birthday cake that night that I packed the night before without him knowing. As I was about to drift off to sleep in the OR I sat up and looked at the nurse, "THE CAKE!!"

"What?"
"Please tell my husband that there's a cake in the car for him I don't want it to get spoiled in the afternoon heat is that okay for you to pleeeaeaassseee ccccaaaaaaallllllllll hhhhhiiiiimmmmmmmmmmm."

She did, and he got the cake, and ate it that night with plenty of wine. I know he appreciates all the phone calls and birthday wishes he got that day. He's back at work today and tomorrow, so if you're trying to get a hold of him, it may take a while for him to call you back.

Thanks again to everyone who sent prayers and positive energy. It's so amazing to have so much love surrounding us, even when we're far away.

No comments: