Sunday, July 29, 2007

Starting another week

First of all, thank you to everyone who posted and emailed with their concern. We really do appreciate it! The short version is: my aunt passed away suddenly last week. I flew down to Oklahoma City to be with my family, and now I'm back.

We haven't seen a spider since last Tuesday. Of course, I haven't been in the basement either.

We had 2-3 days of relief from the 100+ degree heat Thursday and Friday, but we're climbing back up there, and should get hit with hot hot hot and dry dry dry and sun sun sun by Monday or Tuesday. We sill only have the one small window air conditioner (for which we are eternally grateful) but Stephan worked on a window-screen project the other night that's helping cool off the house at night.

In other Stephan news... he helped save someone's life on Monday morning! A person came in with chest pain, and between Stephan, the night nurse (who was amazing and stayed 3 hours after his shift was over) and a doctor, they got the pain down, and got everything prepped and ready for a plane flight to Billings. Stephan found out later that the person is doing very well. The flight nurses were very impressed with how well "packaged" the patient was. I'm so proud.

This coming week has us driving to Wolf Point, Montana so that I can pick up an Amtrak train that will take me to St. Paul, so I can catch a plane flight to get me to St.Louis for a week. I'm taking my last Healing Touch class Thursday through Sunday. For sure there will be no internet next week- so if you're bored, you can go back and read some old posts. Here is a post with my favorites.

No comments: