Thursday, January 17, 2008

DIY Montana-style

As I type this: some meat and bean thing is simmering on the stove; the dogs are frolicking in the 5" of snow that fell in the last 12 hours, the cats are sleeping on the heating vents, and Stephan is in the garage with a buddy.

They are (and I can't even type this without both rolling my eyes and sighing heavily) putting together a "fishing hut" with a hand-me-down canvas tent his buddy picked up and about $60 worth of PVC piping. My brain doesn't even know what to do with this. They want to go ice fishing. In welding class (which is going very well) he is going to acquire a 50 gallon drum and create a wood burning stove.

Today I explained to him the dangers of eating fish caught in waters so close to where petroleum products are being mined. He just told me that, "we're not going to eat the fish. Just catch and release."

Still rolling my eyes.

No comments: