Monday, January 21, 2008

Like Olive-Fingers, but Colder


So, it's been freezing here for about a week. Literally- freezing. I know the midwest is getting all this cold air right now, but I swear we warmed it up for you. We're looking at -1 or -10 at night, with a Northwest wind 5-15 miles per hour. That's not a lot of wind for our area, but when I look out my back door, toward the Northwest... all I see is Canada. There's nothing stopping that North Pole air.

Thanks a lot Santa.

Due to the position of our 'office' in the house (it's essentially a wood-paneled front porch with nothing but concrete below it) the room I sit in to blog is about 50 F. I'm wearing two sweaters, two pairs of socks, and shoes. I can't feel my toes.

I say again, "It does not get this cold in Chicago."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicago is sending warm thoughts. I hope it helps..... Uncle John

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you win the coldest city award between our two cities. I can't wait for spring!

Carmen said...

Dear Ana:
have you heard of -24 in Green Bay????

... said...

Thank you Uncle John! And, Melanie, I'd much rather LOSE this one.

Carmen!! I lost your email address- thanks for posting!