Saturday, January 26, 2008

Oh the Promises I Break

I can't get Stephan to sit down long enough to tell me about the cattle drive again. But something more pressing is on my mind this morning.

Since we moved, we haven't had TV. We have a TV, but there is no cable, or directTV or Comcast, blah blah blah. The only option for those of us who live in Plevna is to have a satellite dish. This isn't a challenge, as there are three of them in various states of disrepair attached to the back of the house. There's also a very conveniently located co-ax box right behind the TV.

How do we survive? We watch movies. Lots of them. Every day. We also have a stash of about 18 that fill-in while we wait for the mail, but by now we have memorized all of them (Which is a real challenge considering one is a badly dubbed early 1980's Jackie Chan flick). For sporting events we have The Plevna Bar. We've even rented TV series like The Office and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Then, there's the internet. I've downloaded a few shows from iTunes, I often watch YouTube and now What Kind of World Do You Want...

Here's what worries me:

(It won't embed for some reason, so click HERE.)

Why are the people who want to run the country acting like movie stars? If you have time to think of funny jokes, you have time to figure out Universal Health Care. I saw Hillary on the Tyra Banks Show, and I started barking at the screen. I don't want to know how they match color coordinated separates to create flirty spring looks. Grrrr. Ending now before the barking begins again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go, Anna! I feel exactly the SAME way!
xx