Sunday, July 22, 2012

Breaking the Rules

I'm exhausted. And shivering. So I need to go to bed. But I wanted to post something about the race before the end of the day. And here it is:

I let Sawyer fall asleep with me on the floor before I put him in his bed. It's one of his favorite things to do, but it's NOT the routine we set up. The rule is that we put him in his crib and we let him fall asleep on his own. It works really well for him. He sleeps a lot better that way.

But today I saw too many "In Memory of" ribbons with the simple word - Mom - written on them. It was probably just that thing of when you learn a new word you hear it everywhere. But tonight I figured that if ever Sawyer (seriously, God forbid) has to write that word on any kind of ribbon, we will have spent as much time snuggling as I could possibly give him. It doesn't mean I'm going to spoil him. It just means I'm going to love the snot out of him for as long as I am lucky enough to do so.

No comments: