Monday, April 15, 2013

Entropy

Things fall apart. It's just how the universe works. Something whole breaks down into smaller pieces, and those pieces tend to scatter. And then, all of the sudden, you look up and wonder where the plan went. I mean, there was a plan. It may even have been a good, solid, plan. But... it's fallen apart. 

(I feel like I've written about this a LOT already, but here's another go at it)

So... now what? Now, refocus. Remember your goal. Or even... narrow your goal. Let's take, for example, the following:

Goals 
To run a 5k. 
To lose weight. 
To be healthy. 
To fit into the little black dress in the back of my closet. 

Focus/reality check
To run a 5k on May 12th.
"Losing weight" will happen if I dedicate myself to running.
By running, I'm already being healthy.
That black dress already technically fits. I just don't like the way I look in it. 
[Will I ever really like the way I look? Maybe not. Something to consider.]

Plan
There are 4 weeks until May 12th. A good 5k training plan will look like this:

Yes, this is sub-titled "A to 5k". I can't take credit for it.

I'm not saying that we've put all the pieces back together like they were- but maybe we've managed to stick together all the multi-colored scraps of play-doh that were left on the table into a very fun looking ball. 

Sigh. It's a mom-metaphor. A Momaphor. You heard it here first. 



1 comment:

Annie Crow said...

Heh. A mom-aphor. I feel a Beavis-like snicker coming on.