Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Quick Recap!

We have a few new readers this week, and I thought I'd provide a few good links so you can catch up on us without having to sort through all 100+ articles.

In January: we packed our stuff and moved out to Baker, Montana, got hit with really cold weather, and I spent a lot of time looking up statistics before we found a place to live.

February was full of fun, trying to find a place to live, Stephan started his new job, things got really frustrating for a while, and Stephan's nursing license did NOT come in the mail.

In March, Stephan's license did get to us, we moved into our new house, I fed a newborn calf, Stephan joined the Plevna volunteer firefighting team, and the ceiling in our bathroom started bleeding.

April was more low-key, lots of house-painting, a trip home which reminded us why we like living in Montana, but why we love Chicago. There was meat-air, moths, sad dog, and the Schwann's Man.

In May we learned a lot about the culture here, with a fire, a branding for me, Snakes, a branding for Stephan, and a short informational seque into a Brucellosis outbreak.

That brought us to June, a month that's been full of visiting, Tylenol with Codeine, crying, taking photos and drinking. More on that later. Until then, enjoy the above stroll through memory lane- I know I did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A|S hmmmm, I can't make a lazy S using the keyboard. It was great to see you guys again, and to meet Stephan's family. I love your comment about missing the clean air and the sky. I envy you for your view of the night sky and the Milky Way.... it is our galaxy after all. Enjoy it while you can, and get some sleep.

Uncle John

... said...

I really should post about the sky. Actually, since it doesn't photograph well, you all should come visit! We regularly see shooting stars (maybe that's why all our dreams keep coming true), and yes, the Milky Way is visible almost every night.