Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fair: Thursday and Friday


Photo of a pig, and Stephan eating pie. The best part about the fair, HAS to be the pie. We've had two pieces each night the fair has been going on. As Stephan says, "The Lutherans have the best pie."

Photos are on The Website in a set of it's own called "Fallon County Fair '07". We're going to a concert tonight, if Stephan gets out of work on time.

My greatest moment forced Stephan to say, "Come on, LuAnn, let's get out of here." I saw some cows. I looked at the children taking care of the cows and said, "Can we just touch them?" The kids looked at me like I was crazy, and that's when we left the livestock tent. Apparently, you can touch the cows to your heart's content. Cows aren't a big deal here.

There were also pigs and chickens and things. And canned foods, prized carrots and squash, quilts, and games and rides. It's been a blast so far- even though it's been 60 degrees and soggy for two days.

No comments: