Saturday, August 11, 2007

An Outing



We went golfing this week. We didn't keep score, and we shared the one set of loaner clubs. Actually, we just played like we were one person- Stephan shooting the long game, and me doing the medium stuff and putting. We played the 9 holes that we have here in Baker, at the Country Club that you can see above. The closest I think we got to playing real golf was getting a double bogie (which apparently means hitting the ball two more times than par) on a hole. Everything else was 9-12 strokes to get to the green.

It was ok, though, since we were the only ones out there. I learned that golf is a lot more fun with whiskey, and that my fun-limit is about 4 drinks, or 6 holes, whichever comes first.

Later that day I claimed that I'd had to much "sun", leading Matt (of Matt and Kayle) to offer me a "sun and coke" at dinner.

No comments: