Wednesday, August 22, 2007

NOT about the Fair

If you read the blog regularly, you know that about once a week I find something to freak myself out about. We've been through the Bleeding Ceiling, snakes, submandibular masses, and spiders. Last week, a mouse jumped out at me from a tall cabinet. I didn't write about this. I was tuff.

Some days I think my house is conspiring against me. Like today. Today, I've moved past my fear of the basement. Spiders? We haven't seen them in weeks! I thought they were gone. THEN I took the laundry downstairs. No problem. Oh, look, a little tiny spider. How tiny and cute. That can't hurt me. No proble......eeeehhhhhhhhMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

I walked into a spider web. And, like a warrior holding his shield in front to protect him from death, I held onto the laundry basket as I ran up the stairs. Shoved the basket up onto the kitchen floor (possibly injuring one of the dogs who was in the way). Now, I'm back on the couch. I've relapsed into pre-Montana eating habits like fake-crab meat and pickled okra. I'm in my happy place.

I'll be up here if anyone needs me.

<>

Him: Can we throw insects into the web?
Me: No.
Him: Maybe if we start feeding them, they'll feel more like pets.
Me: No.
Him: Seriously?
Me: NO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The spiders are big enough to be pets...And Satin Mouse II can be a pet. Ever seen the Green Mile? Although, the cats would be thinking the mouse is something else...dinner.

... said...

I WISH the cats would eat it. Then it would be gone and I wouldn't have to deal with it! I'm no good at putting hits out on animals.