Sunday, August 12, 2007

Overheard: In the Bar


Stephan told me this story- it is well worth repeating:

I was shooting pool, waiting for you to be finished at work. It was early afternoon, so it was mostly people in their 70's hanging out. They were talking about Sturgis, which, I guess, is a coming-of-age experience here. As I passed by the group to order another drink, an old man pulled me aside and said, "Young man, come over here for a second."

Much to my surprise, he pulls a two-foot zucchini out of a produce box, slaps it on my upper thigh, and says, "I just wanted to see which one is bigger." To which I respectfully replied, "I'm sorry, sir, but I don't want to embarrass you." His friends all got a good laugh out of it, and I was glad I didn't have to show up The Zucchini.

And so it goes on the great plains...

No comments: