Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mornings


This is what it looked like last week as we drove Stephan to work at 5:15am. This week, it's just back to blackness. We miss the beautiful sunrises, the red clouds, the owls trying to fly in front of the car. It's getting cold here very quickly. Last week we had 100+ temperatures, this week is all 60's and 70's. School started here today. What happened to summer?

Stephan is looking forward to the frigid temperatures he misses from Alaska. I'm excited that all the spiders will die when it snows in the basement again. Not that we want it to snow in the basement. But if it does.... bye bye spidey! We haven't seen a Return of the Mouse, but he chewed and spit out a chunk of cabinet. Good for him. Maybe it was coated in formaldehyde.

As Stephan once said to me, I better stop saying those things, or the "NAACP is going to be after you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...the NAACP...
Did he tell you that he knows who Baroque was, too?

Tara

... said...

"You know, Baroque is a whole style of music and art and stuff? Well, in college, my friends, who are all classically trained in music, were talking about Baroque and I said, "Yeah, Baroque- he's a composer right?" I have never lived that down."

"That's also when my friends decided I was too uncultured to be turned loose on society, and it spawned a series of Senior Year road trips to muscial events like Les Mis and the St. Louis Symphony."

I always wondered where he got the phrase "frangelical cats" from.