Thursday, May 1, 2008

Telling the Internet First

or

Finally a good use for all that yoga training.

For a few weeks I've been watching a freckle on the bottom of my foot grow in size, and change color. Stephan demanded that I make a doctor appointment as soon as possible, which turned out to be yesterday. Doc looked at it, and agreed with Stephan that the little black mark needed to come off. About 20 minutes and two small stitches later, it was in a little jar. They told me to stay off of it for a few hours, stay out of the pool, and baby it for about a week.

When I got home I did laundry, dishes, cooked dinner, took the dogs out, and cleaned the kitchen. No pain!

When I woke up this morning the pain was unbearable. It felt like I was walking with a large pointy spike lit on fire growing out of the bottom of my foot. After some tears and a little bit of pain killers Stephan put me back in bed and went to work. Getting about (to the bathroom, the kitchen, etc.) without letting my right foot hit the ground has proved a challenge. Just now I brushed my teeth for two full minutes while standing on one foot.

Some would think this was an inconvenience. I see it as a reason to buy another Gaiam DVD.

No comments: