Monday, April 2, 2007

"There are worse things I could do"

I started laundry at 5:30am. Nice laundromat. Very clean, very safe. Very empty at 5:30am. I'd say there are about 18 washers and 18 dryers.

Half of them, however, are labled as "greasers," and large signs warn that "Anyone caught putting greaser clothes in non-greaser machines will be banned from using the laundromat forever!"

I always thought "greasers" were those guys in the movies who slicked their hair back and used switchblade combs. Or, as my brother pronounced it, "Greez-ers".

It's the oil field guys. Those are greasers, and apparently, they work in the 'patch'. The oil patch. I have SO much left to learn.

Trivia: What does the title of this post refer to?
(Melanie, you can't answer this one)

2 comments:

Kristenanne said...

The movie Grease. Rizo sang it about Kinkey when she thought she was PG but wasn't and then realized she was honestly in love with him.

... said...

Right! Stephan guessed it too (he was Sonny in high school) but he was related to the judges so he couldn't participate.