Monday, April 16, 2007

This was done in January last year


Last night, we finally found all our tax stuff and started filling out the forms. Luckily, we're set up on TaxACT Online. Keep in mind that this was right after the meat-air incident. And, I swear, it was like doing taxes with Robin Williams.

"Social Security Number..."
"What's so social about it?"

"Did you pay estimated taxes this year?"
"I estimated I paid no taxes because no one paid me any salary."

"Ok, what's the amount in box 1?"
"[amount withheld]"
"Okay, is it the same for boxes 3 and 5?"
"What about box 2?"
"Tell me box 3."
"But number 2 is next."

"Did you get any interest payments from anything?"
"Interested in what?"
"Like from a savings account."
"Ha! Do you think I'm hiding money from you?"
"No."
"Do you think I have a savings account?"
"I was just checking."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I can totally hear Stephan (pronounced "Stef-on" of course, per Dr Graf ) saying all of this!! LOL.
Hello from Chicago!