Saturday, June 23, 2007

Hear me roar

I have 2 more days until I get to talk to a medical professional (ask me later about the first ENT I went to) about what's going on with this salivary gland, (it's actually sub-mandibular, not sub-lingual) and I'm counting every minute. Yesterday I booked a short day for myself, and went home early.

What did I do at home?

Mowed 1/4 of the lawn, then passed out asleep when the hydrocodone kicked in. Stephan called, waking me up, and asked if it was okay to BBQ out at Matt & Kayle's. In my haze, I said of course, I had some chicken marinating, so why not? The 65 minutes that followed involved me mowing the last 1/4 of the lawn, making brownies, stir frying a rice & vegitable dish, doing 2 loads of laundry, finishing up a loaf of bread, showering, packing it all up, and getting myself and 2 dogs out of the house.

Not only am I a hard-working, stubborn Gavula-Martinelli, I'm a crazy do-it-all Koruba now. I have three family names to live up to!!

As I pulled into the hospital parking lot, I got hit with a migraine that pretty much knocked me on my butt for the rest of the night. So much for efficiency.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna and Stephan....just love your blog site and reading about all the happenings in your little corner of the world. It was great seeing the two of you.
Love, Amy