Friday, June 29, 2007

Overheard

Me: I'm just calling to confirm that I'll be staying at the surgery center for 23 hours, from Tuesday to Wednesday. That's what my doctor told me.
Her: Oh. Well, that's interesting, since we're closed on Wednesday and aren't taking 23-hour-obs[ervation] patients that day.
Me: Huh. Well...
Her: I'll call him and see what's going on.
Me: Thanks!

Why 23 hours? Since Baker is 4 hours away from Billings by car, they wanted me to stay closer to Billings for a few more hours. It would be bad to have to get back there once I'm already here. This is a part of Montana I wasn't expecting- to be so far from the big hospital that something that's normally out-patient is a 23-hour stay.

Kinda makes me glad we didn't go through with our plans to move to Haiti.

No comments: