Monday, June 18, 2007

The most important thing...

We've been away from Montana for almost 2 weeks now, and I do miss it. I miss the fresh air. I miss the open spaces. I miss the sky. We've been eating amazing home-cooked food, restaurant food, Taco Bell, pizza, you name it. We shopped. We got married. We hung out with the girls/guys. We threw the biggest party either of us have ever thrown. We laughed, we cried, we drove the car about 100 miles a day. We rarely slept.

It was a pretty stressful trip for me. I'm not used to being around so many people so many days in a row. I'd gotten used to my solitude in Montana. Stephan and I sat together this morning as I was folding and packing clothes, crying. He talked to me for a while, everything I needed to hear and more. It's a hard thing for both of us to leave our families.

Anina, our 3 year old neice, came into the room with a large doll dressed like an American Indian. She sat the doll down next to the couch and started talking to her.

"There are a lot of things and it's okay for those things. No matter what else there is an important thing. The most important thing is that I love you. That is the important thing. I love you very much always. No matter what."

No comments: