Thursday, September 6, 2007

Maybe I should invest in cable TV

With Stephan gone for a few days, things definitely feel different here. Ignoring the severe diet changes, the lack of grilled meat, etc, I've been getting a lot more sleep. No 4:30am wake up calls. The dogs, however, haven't been sleeping well at all. They bark at every little noise. I don't know if they think they're protecting me, or if they are just nervous. Often one or the other will lay their head on my knee, look up with 'sad eyes' and wimper a little.

All 4 animals slept on the bed last night. Two dogs on my feet, a cat at my tummy, and another near my neck. Everyone was exactly in the same place when the fire radio (which doubles as a bus driver radio) lit up at 7am to tell me that so-and-so wasn't going to be riding the bus today.

Since we don't have cable, and there's nothing we can get via antenna, I often watch YouTube videos. Or, like tonight, put on a movie we own, and just let it run in the background. So far I've seen: Father's Little Dividend, Scrooged, Kingdom of Heaven, Memoirs of a Geisha, Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers, Cars, and the special features for each. The next movie on the list is Kung Fu Hustle.

If anyone wants to watch it with me, let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depending on the speed of your connection, You can actually watch most broadcast shows online on demand. I like to watch Bones on www.fox.com or Medium on www.nbc.com or Supernatural on www.cwtv.com. There is also www.veoh.com which has alot of user posted episodes from good tv series. There is also www.tvland.com with lots of classic episodes. I'm in the same fix. No cable and no broadcast channels. If you go to www.dogpile.com and click on the video search option, you can find alot of great stuff. Between all these options, I don't feel very deprived.


-Amanda

... said...

NICE! I never knew about going straight to the internet. Our connection isn't terribly slow. Good enough to stream radio programs.