Sunday, September 23, 2007

Whatcha doin this weekend?

If Shakira made a workout video I would totally watch it every day.

Otherwise, it's the last of 4 days in a row for Stephan. Since he had to come in two hours early yesterday he got to sleep in until 6:30 this morning (yea!). Things have been busy enough over there, with a few inpatients, and just enough ER's to keep things interesting. He's got that "Day 4" fever though, where he's really just ready to have a day away from sick people.

I was asked to teach a 30 minute intro to Yoga class at the Baker Spirit of Women Breast Cancer Style Show later in October. I'd never thought of myself as qualified to teach yoga, but I guess since I've been doing it for about 7 years and own almost every video that Gaiam makes I'll probably be ok. This weekend I've been researching yoga's roots, the poses, watching videos, and trying to figure out how I'm going to present an entire spiritual discipline in 30 minutes. Oh, and...

Me: How many people?

Her: 130 we hope.

Me: Um, are they all going to bring towels?

Her: Why?

Me: Because yoga is done on the floor.

Her: Well we're going to do it in chairs.

Me: Huh. Ok.

Which has prompted more research into Chair Yoga. Apparently, there's a woman who has created a certification program to teach her own system of chair yoga to immobile people who can't get on the floor. Interesting. I now know more than I ever wanted to.

Have fun in Ohio Dad!

No comments: