Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Rant

OHMYGODYOUGUYS


Pre-story:
In college I dated this guy who had a duvet, and, coincidentally, a duvet cover. For some reason it was the most comfortable angel-inspired invention in bedding I had thusly encountered. It was made perfectly for the single dorm bed and it had these neat buttons that kept it attached to the duvet. And it was amazing.

Story:
Many of you don't know me. That's cool. But try to picture the following.... it's 15+ years later. My husband and I own, not one, but TWO queen-sized duvets (see: living in Montana). Now picture, I've been sick for more than a week, I'm home alone, hyped up on Nyquil, it's 11pm, and I'm trying to wrestle a 45lb duvet into it's cover.

WHO INVENTED THIS THING???? How is one human supposed to accomplish this? I was actually wearing the duvet cover for a few minutes, thinking I might be able to fool the cover into thinking I was the duvet.

Ok. I understand this is completely a white person problem. And that the Nyquil has a lot to do with it. But, folks, please increase the national funding for duvet technology. Please? Because I'm tired and Game of Thrones Book 3 is not going to read itself.

2 comments:

Ali K. said...

haha this is the worst! I get so sweaty trying to put a duvet cover on the comforter by myself!

Annie Crow said...

Snort. I love duvets, but they are hard to wrestle into their covers. I go with the inside-out approach (if you don't know what I'm talking about then you do need serious remedial duvet training and possibly should have yours removed from you until you're a better duvet owner).