Monday, February 6, 2012

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

-or-

Didn't run today either.

In energy medicine, the throat is the seat of creative expression. How you tell the world who you are lives here. A lot of things need to be functioning properly in order for the 5th chakra (the throat chakra) to be healthy. First of all you have to be confident enough to know who you are. Then you have to figure out how to express that 'self'.

I have an excellent reason to stop running. I could move on to something else. I don't have to be a runner anymore. I could be.... a weight lifter. A swimmer. A yoga master. I could stop running and just take more rests during the day. I could tweak my diet to keep my weight down and just do a minimum of working out.

I have three follow-up medical appointments this month and a few more alternative medicine appointments too. I honestly can't imagine my life now without running, and races, and medals, and t-shirts. I know running is what I want to do, but is it who I want to be??

No comments: