Thursday, February 16, 2012

Step, Step, Repeat

I'm still getting my head around this vocal chord disorder thing. It hasn't gone away, and it's persistence is starting to wear me down. The good news is: I've started running again. I've been running exactly one mile every day. It takes me longer to get dressed to run this mile than to actually run the mile. The better news is: I've been running that mile consistently in 10 minutes or less.

The 10 Minute Mile is a huge deal for me. In 8th grade I remember overhearing that an A in gym would mean a 10 Minute Mile. Also, that it was easy for most students. I "overheard" it because I was sitting on the sidelines after pretending (for, like, the 8th year in a row) that I had twisted my ankle coming down the stairs on the way to gym class. Nothing major, just enough to produce a few tears but insist that I could make it through the rest of the day without ANYONE calling my mom.

[It was a pattern that would continue for the next 2 years in high school before I discovered "honors gym" where I would never be required to run at all. Ever.]


No comments: