Sunday, February 5, 2012

I Did Not Run Today

It's only been four days and I'm already cranky-pants about it. I won't run tomorrow either. A friend at work sat me down to ask me all sorts of advice about running. It made me frustrated. 


One medical article gets really personal and states: "Current literature emphasizes the treatment of psychological and emotional stressors..."  "...Indeed, some form of psychological dysfunction may be involved in PVCD. It has been suggested that athletes with a history of clinical depression... are at risk for PVCD. More commonly, athletic individuals with PVCD are identified as high achievers who strive for external validation and are likely to avoid situations involving confrontation. Further, these individuals' perceptions of third-party (i.e., parents', coaches') expectations may be exaggerated, and they are likely to feel alienated from their teammates."


So there's that. Thank you medical science for calling me a high achiever and an athlete. Of course, I recently decided to integrate Healing Touch into running and BAM! I get diagnosed with something that is clearly better treated without western medical science. I'm doing casual research both into the medical implications of this diagnosis and the Healing Touch 5th chakra influences. According to a user-generated website the fifth chakra relates to how honestly one expresses himself/herself. If you know me, you know I'm pretty adept at expressing myself. I mean, I'm writing a blog right now, right?? 


I know I have a lot of work to do. I have to settle with not counting up the miles for a while. And that's ok. I can do that. Breath in, breath out.

No comments: